A Shard refer to a grouping of alternate realities where events are generally similar enough. Shards are further sub-divided into Slivers. Travel between Shards and Slivers have limitations, namely, objects are generally altered to a form which exist within the shard. For example, a laser gun become a regular 19th century revolver in the Wild West. The most well-known Shards, beside the ‘main’ Worterburgh are:
- After Earth: Post-apocalyptic desolation.
- Aquarius: New Age woo.
- Arcana City:
Bad Light Novel adaptation anime. Studying the supernatural.
- Armageddon: A world in hell.
- Colonial Worterburgh: Crappy farmland and lumberjacks.
- Current Year: Because it’s 20P7!
- Dominion of the Old Kings: Modern pagans.
- Doublecross: Revisiting the origins of the campaign as a Doublecross game.
- Feudal Dokomotoshi: Samurai, Ninja and Youkai oh my!
- Golden Age: Retro-futuristic.
- Modern Dokomotoshi: What if Worterburgh was a Japanese city?
- Mandate of Heaven: China as the colonial superpower.
- Modern Wú Chù: Near-future wuxia.
- Mythic Age: A legendary past which never was.
- People’s Republic: Communist shithole.
- The Sprawl: Cyberpunk Worterburgh or Dokomotoshi.
- Space Station Titan: The great space age.
- Viva Free Worterburgh: Its the 19V0 and Worterburghian seek independance from the British Empire.
- Vorterburga: Medieval Worterburgh.
- War At Home: Worterburgh invaded during WW2.
- War Of The Worlds: It came from Mars!
- War Oversea: Sending brave men to fight for freedom oversea.
- Wild West: Settling the frontier and fighting the savages.
- Worterburgh By Gaslight: Victorian-era Worterburgh.
- Worterburgh Noir: Everything is in shades of grey for some reason.
- Wortereich: The city of the ‘Master Race’.